This nourishing combination of veggies and oats is ideal for a speedy breakfast or dinner. Oat groats are minimally processed oats that have a heartier texture than your typical breakfast oat; they also contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. If you can’t find them, use brown rice or rolled oats instead.
Ready in less than 15 minutes. Serves 1
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup cooked sprouted oat groats (or brown rice or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup kale
- 1/4 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbamare or salt
- Protein15 g
- Carbs54 g
- Fiber13 g
- Sugars5 g
- Sodium615 mg
- Heat coconut oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli and toss with onion.
- Add oat groats, spinach, kale, and zucchini. Season with Herbamare or salt. Toss until well mixed. Cover pan until broccoli and zucchini are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.