Last month we wrote about the importance of staying hydrated, especially during weight loss. Here are a few tips to help you drink at least 8 glasses of water every day (remember, you need more when it’s very hot and during exercise).
1. Add your own flavour. Infuse with sliced fruits, cucumber, mint leaves or even a small amount of sugar free juice cordial. Make it taste great and you’ll want to drink more.
2. Add ice. Cold water is way more appealing, refreshing and is even better absorbed by the body.
3. Eat spicy food. Sounds obvious really, but if you’re enjoying a hot, spicy meal you’ll surely be reaching for more water along with it.
4. Set a reminder on your phone. You can use apps such as Waterlogged for iPhone or Water Your Body for Android & iPhone. Or just set several alarms through out the day to remind you that it’s time to drink.
5. Keep it to hand. Having a bottle or glass of water in plain sight will ensure that you’re constantly reminded.